MSA Storage
1752802 Members
6003 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Questions regarding - HP Storage MSA 2040 SAS Arrays Halted Support of SAS Arrays

btallon
Occasional Contributor

Questions regarding - HP Storage MSA 2040 SAS Arrays Halted Support of SAS Arrays

Looking for clarification and additional details on the issue/reason behind the halted support. We have a brand new setup that seems to be working properly and are concerned if we should proceed to move productionVMs onto the new system.  The nature of the issue would be helpful.

The Advisory is linked below:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04654888

CUSTOMER ADVISORY: HP Storage MSA 2040 SAS Arrays Temporarily Halted Support of SAS Arrays Configured with HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers and HP H241 HBAs in VMware ESX/ESXi Environments

5 REPLIES 5
AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Re: Questions regarding - HP Storage MSA 2040 SAS Arrays Halted Support of SAS Arrays

Its self explanatory: 

HP has recently discovered an issue with certain configurations of the HP Storage MSA 2040 SAS arrays when connected to an HP ProLiant Gen9 server configured with an HP H241 Smart Host Bus Adapter (HBA) in VMware ESX/ESXi environments.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
btallon
Occasional Contributor

Re: Questions regarding - HP Storage MSA 2040 SAS Arrays Halted Support of SAS Arrays

How the hell is that self explanatory?

"HP has recently discovered an issue"

Nowhere in the advisory does it say what the issue is. I have a customer who purchased this configuration while it was supported. I am looking for more information than the half-assed information in that advisory.

How about something like "loss of connection to datastores" or "possible data corruption"

"An issue" can be anything, you would think they could be a bit more specific.

Adam_UK

Hi

Did you ever get a satisfactory response to this by any chance?  I too am confused by the Customer Advisory which doesn't provide a lot of information about what the potential issues are, or even if they have been resolved and support is provided again.

Thanks

Virtusm

Hi, same situation here.

I think we need more information.

Whats the incidence, what are the different situations ?

its solved with 4.0 firmware h.241 1 october ???????

Hp must work fast on this.

andy-h
Occasional Visitor

Does the new HBA driver (6.0.0.114-1 - 17 Dec 2015) provide a fix for this issue? It appears to address the rescan issue, but I'm not sure if this would also address the problem with reviving dead paths.

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7275281&swItemId=MTX_49815e315b8342648b54cd4857&swEnvOid=4183#tab4

Unfortunately, I don't have a test system available, but am currently considering FC/SAS options for future use.