Netservers
1761634 Members
3535 Online
108905 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 0080-st : Net Server Managment Controller Selftest failure

Ahmed Abbas_1

0080-st : Net Server Managment Controller Selftest failure

i have a use Hp netserver Lh3000 and it have a problume ..

0080-st : Net Server Managment Controller Selftest failure.

Due To this failure remote access server managment event logging are not available ..

After read this messege when i press the enter key the system show that salution ..

Update the system BIOS by running the flash utility from the navigator CD-Rom. To do this , insert the navigator CD-Rom inthe CD-Rom drive and power-cycle your system ..

But i have no navigator cd.
tell me the salution of this problum ..

Thankss ..

Ahmed.
1 REPLY 1
Andrew Pywell
Advisor

Re: 0080-st : Net Server Managment Controller Selftest failure

Hello Ahmed,

This can occur if the management circuitry becomes unresponsive. When you have a chance, you should shutdown the system and remove AC power from all power supplies (at the same time) for approx 15 seconds. This removes internal standby voltage which powers the management controller etc.

If after reconnecting AC again the message still occurs, most probaly there is a hardware defect which will need to be looked at. I expect many NetServer systems of this vintage would be close to being replaced with a ProLiant by now so personally, if it is a hardware issue with the management controller, I'd do nothing further; unless you're not planning a replacement for some time.

If your system BIOS is current then updating it will make no difference. To obtain the BIOS as well as other updates, go to www.hp.com and select the software and driver download link and navigate from there. The web site contains updates later than the Navigator CD.

Regards,
Andrew.