Netservers
1758863 Members
3185 Online
108876 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 380 No Display on monitor

Mark A Wheeler

DL 380 No Display on monitor

I just received a DL 380 G1 I bought on eBay. It has 2 cpu's, 1 G RAM. I have drives, but they are not presently installed. I have unpacked it and am trying to determine if it works. The unit powers up, all lights and fans seem to go on. I have a Smart Start CD in the ROM. But the monitor has no display. The monitor has power, but it says to turn computer on or hit any key. Tried those, no effect to Dell flat panel monitor. I expected to see a BIOS screen describing the processors and RAM.

What should I try next? I do have another, older monitor I can try.

What about removing the RAM and listening for 4 beeps? Do I do that with the power off; remove RAM; power on? Or pullthe RAM while it is powered on?
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

what is the LED status at Front panel and riser Interlock ?
Mark A Wheeler

The power indicator is amber when off, green when on. There is one LED on the riser board; it is orange (Aux power).
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Can you pls check by refix the Riser Board and other components.
Everything is Possible+++
Mark A Wheeler

I just tried removing the RAM with the power off. Then powered on. There was no beeping for at least 15 seconds until I powered it back off. One rail and one corner of the face plate were significantly bent and the box arrived with several tear holes. Seller acknowledges it may have been damaged in shipping, and thier shipping may not have packed it right (for example, single layer cardboard box, server wrapped in one thickness of bubble wrap. Box then filled with styrofoam peanuts.) Shipment was insured for its full value.