1753868 Members
7362 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Top Tools

Rick Williams_3

HP Top Tools

I loaded HP Top Tools on a w2k3 server. When I try to launch Top Tools, it comes back with an empty screen and 2 red x's in the top left corner of the display. I believe it has something to do with enhanced internet explorer security and activex.

Can anyone tell me what IE configuration must be in order for Top Tools to run on it?

I loaded it on a wk2 server and it runs just fine.

Is there any documentation that tells you how to configure your system so that it works?

I'm using Top Tools rev. 5.55
3 REPLIES 3
Louis Goeppinger
Honored Contributor

Hi Rick,

Toptools Device Manager 5.6 is supported on XP Pro, NT4.0 (server and workstation) and Windows 2000 (server and Professional). Toptools Device Manager 5.6 is not supported on Windows 2003 server.

Louis
Rick Williams_3

Thanks for the input but according to the webpage where I downloaded Top Tools from, it clearly states that Top Tools 5.55 is for window server 2003. That is the version I've installed.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Be carefull to not mix Toptools Device Management, who is a supervisor software that manage traps from all your server in the lan with Instant toptools that is a stand alone viewer, this one is the one you load in the local server to check the health.

Usualy the error described is related to Java Vm, you need to visualize correctly the applet.