3065 Online
108894 Solutions
New Discussion

LC3 Netserver & Win2k

nibble
Super Advisor

LC3 Netserver & Win2k

hi,
im trying to install a win2k server with an lc3 box (PII-450Mhz dual processor) & everytime i finish it, i got a blue screen. sombody said that it was the HD (SCSI) but when i do the verification,HDs were fine. later, some1 advised that Win2k server needs a HAL driver if ever installed on a dual processor CPU. anyone who could point as to where shall i download this HAL driver? this is an old machine & no more drivers/diskettes are available here... help guys..
1 REPLY 1
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: LC3 Netserver & Win2k

I will follow the answers you receive. We have a customer that has received the same Blue Screen when trying to install W2K in an LHII. I assumed it was a hardware problem with the machine or a driver that was being loaded by W2K that crashes the install. Be sure to post any solution you find.

My suggestion to him was to strip the machine down and making it simple with a single HD attached to the onboard SCSI and start trouble shooting from there. Also, try installing from the floppy set instead of the CD. I have seem that work for some.
Hot Swap Hard Drives