1757776 Members
2483 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion

netserver 5/133 upgrade

iliasims
Occasional Contributor

netserver 5/133 upgrade

Sorry,I reply for myself last time.So, thank you for responding me,but it isn't help because I know that information from HP sourses on-line. My problem is:I can not install even to bank 0/1 2x8Mb or 2x16MB memory, system just hung when finished testing RAM and give me message SYSTEM ERROR.I tried to put first 2x4 MB bank 0/1 and than to bank 2/3 2x8MB or 2x16MB and it was same problem.May be it's problem in memory but that memory works fine in another computer(not server).If this problem in memory ( I mean SIMM or EDO configurations )how I can indificate or read this on memory cards ?thank again,iliasims.
1 REPLY 1
Jeff Billman
Frequent Advisor

Re: netserver 5/133 upgrade

I would bet the SIMMs you are trying to use are EDO and not DRAM. One thing to check would be to install them in another system and boot that system. During POST a lot of systems will display the amount of memory in each SIMM socket and the type of memory installed. Other than that you may want to talk to who ever you bought the memory from or contact the manufacturer of the memory to find out what it is.