Networking
1777076 Members
2569 Online
109064 Solutions
New Article
Chris_Tingley

Next generation HPE Aruba Networking Central in education: exterminating computer “bugs”

GettyImages-724229529_layer_4_3_800_0_72_RGB.jpgGrowing up in Erie, PA, where the snow seemed to never end, I watched a lot of TV. I’ll admit there’s plenty of those TV shows I love to rewatch as an adult, but there are a few I’d rather leave in the past. One of them was an awful cartoon about everyone’s favorite puppet characters depicted as youngsters. I’m not exactly proud of the amount of my childhood spent watching it.

There is one episode that sticks out in my mind.  One of the characters was playing a computer game about a window washer, but it crashed before he could beat the game. They realize there is a “bug” in his computer and the team had to exterminate them through a ghost hunt adventure. That was the first time in my life I had ever heard of a “computer bug” or any scenario where someone would have to problem solve how to fix it.

On school campuses IT issues are a certainly more complex. Something as common as a smart TV not connecting to the network can quickly bombard an IT department with helpdesk tickets. Sometimes it isn’t even a network problem but a student typing their MAC address incorrectly. Often understaffed IT departments spend countless hours searching for the cause of the problem and it’s not nearly as fun as a cartoon adventure.

IT departments across education suffer not only from understaffed IT departments, but sometimes lack high-level networking expertise. They can be unequipped to face the severity of cyberattacks designed to steal their data.  All of this is compounded by the volume and complexity of data these networks store. 

Education network operators need the power of AI and automation.  Next generation HPE Aruba Networking Central is a cloud-based networking solution that simplifies network operations with an AI-powered experience from day 0. It is the key to delivering an exceptional user experience while protecting and maintaining the network.

Adopting next generation Central can empower personnel by maximizing productivity and reducing the learning curve while delivering operational simplicity. This way your students can get back to their window washing game without having to worry about computer bugs.

Related Resources:

Next generation network operations with HPE Aruba Networking Central

Future-ready network operations with HPE Aruba Networking Central

0 Kudos
About the Author

Chris_Tingley

Chris Tingley is a senior solutions marketing manager for K-12 and higher education with the global marketing team for HPE Aruba Networking. In this capacity, Chris manages HPE Aruba Networking's education customer advisory councils and focuses on the realization of advanced network infrastructures, wireless, security, and access management – all in support of student success. Chris has nearly 15 years’ experience in education, having taught in K-12 classrooms and as a tenure-awarded higher education professor. Tingley holds an MBA from PennWest Clarion and a BA from Gannon University.