2910 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Apache for HPUX11 (mod_jk)

Chander-shakher Pal
Occasional Contributor

Apache for HPUX11 (mod_jk)

Hi,

Is there a prebuilt bnary verson available for Apache with Tomcat that uses mod_jk as the connecting adapter ? I saw one which uses mod_jserv as the connector.

Also is there a seperate installable available for tomcat for HP ?

Any info will be greatly apreciated.

thanks,
pal
Chander
6 REPLIES 6
Sachin Patel
Honored Contributor

Re: Apache for HPUX11 (mod_jk)

Hi Chander,
I don't know what is tomcat but you can get apache-1.3.20 from
http://www.hpux.cs.utah.edu
Is photography a hobby or another way to spend $
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

I don't believe that there are binaries of apache with mod_jk and quite frankly it was a real pain to get mod_jk compiled on HPUX. Let me know if you have problems and I can try working you through it.

As for tomcat, just download the binary distribution from http://java.apache.org. Since its 100% java, you don't need to get a HP specific version.

Hope this helps.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
Chander-shakher Pal
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your prompt replies.
I currently have Apache & Tomcat installed and coupled thru mod_jk.

I was looking at the possibility of using the bundled webserver from HP (Apache 1.3.19). This HP Apache based web server 1.3.19, thats available now, comes along with Tomcat.

What iam trying to know is that in this webserver the communication between Apache & Tomcat is occuring thru mod_jk or mod_jserv ???

I would prefer this webserver if the coupling is thru mod_jk as the further development and support for mod_jserv doesn't exists now.

One way for me is to install and check it !!!

Thanks to throw some pointers / ideas on this.

thanks,
chander
Chander
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

Well from the HP software depot:

product specifications

Apache Web Server v.1.3.19
RSA's BSAFE Crypto C Library v.5.0 has U.S. Commerce approval for worldwide export of 128-bit strong encryption.
OpenSSL v.0.9.5a
mod_perl v.1.25 makes it possible to write Apache modules entirely in Perl. In addition, the persistent interpreter embedded in the server avoids the overhead of starting an external interpreter and the penalty of Perl start-up time. It is configured for Perl v.5.6.1.
Apache JServ v.1.1.1
Additional popular open-source modules extend PHP, Perl, servlet/JSP and SSL capabilities.
Modules statically included via DSO: http_core, mod_so, mod_perl
Other standard modules dynamically included: mod_vhost_alias, mod_env, mod_define, mod_log_config, mod_mime_magic, mod_mime, mod_negotiation, mod_status, mod_info, mod_include, mod_autoindex, mod_dir, mod_cgi, mod_asis, mod_imap, mod_actions, mod_speling, mod_userdir, mod_alias, mod_rewrite, mod_access, mod_auth, mod_auth_anon, mod_auth_dbm, mod_digest, mod_proxy, mod_cern_meta, mod_expires, mod_headers, mod_usertrack, mod_unique_id, mod_setenvif, mod_jserv, mod_php

So it looks like it ships with mod_jserv rather than mod_jk. But on the other hand, since its shipping from HP, they should support it.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
Janet Norton
Occasional Contributor

I am having difficulties compiling mod_jk on hpux 11. I tried installing apache1.3.14 with jakarta-tomcat-3.3. Both are running but I had no luck compiling mod_jk. So I downloaded apache2.0 web server from hp web site and have the same problem (apxs error) shown below.

Can you provide any tips on how you compiled mod_jk? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have installed:
Apache2 2.0.00.00
gcc 3.0.1
libtool 1.3.5
perl 5.6.1

# ./build-unix.sh
APACHE_HOME=/opt/apache2
Compiling mod_jk
/opt/libtool/bin/libtool --silent --mode=compile /opt/gcc/bin/gcc -O2 -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP -I/opt/apache2/include -I../common -I/opt/apache2/include/apr-util -I/opt/jdk1.3/include -I/opt/jdk1.3/include/hp-ux -c -o jk_ajp12_worker.lo jk_ajp12_worker.c && touch jk_ajp12_worker.slo
In file included from /usr/include/netdb.h:72,
from ../common/jk_global.h:82,
from ../common/jk_logger.h:65,
from ../common/jk_ajp12_worker.h:65,
from jk_ajp12_worker.c:63:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: parse error before "sendfile"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: parse error before "bsize_t"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:486: parse error before "sendpath"
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:486: parse error before "bsize_t"
In file included from /usr/include/sys/mp.h:55,
from /usr/include/sys/malloc.h:59,
from /usr/include/net/netmp.h:53,