1784503 Members
1782 Online
109156 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automounter Problem

John McDen
Regular Advisor

Automounter Problem

I am not sure what is the problem but can't automount FS. It works fine on one of the Server but does not on the other..I check all the configurations and seems to be exactly the same.

I als tried to use the command showmount -e (server name) it showed me the list...

Please help me ..:-)
New to HP
7 REPLIES 7
Sajid_1
Honored Contributor

hello,

Does /etc/auto_master properly configure to set the automount directories? Are the daemons are running? Is normal NFS mounting working properly? What about the patches? Any error messages or warnings on the syslog.log file?
learn unix ..
John McDen
Regular Advisor

The system it is currently working is having 11.0 and the with 11.11 it is not working.

The daemons are also running.

I tried to mount it manually and it works fine.

In the syslog.log file it give WARNING default option "nodev" ignored for map -hosts

New to HP
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

A recent thread with similar symptom but this is on 10.01. Try resetting rpc (see my recommendation).
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x6ff756bd90a9d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html
If that does not help, I have a few qs..
- Was it working before and all of sudden you're seeing this problem ?
- What about other 11.11 server ?
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Hello Chan,

I tried the options you mentioned but still not luck...

- Was it working before and all of sudden you're seeing this problem ?

it was not working since the system was installed one month ago.

Do I need to install any patches ??

- What about other 11.11 server ?

Only 3 servers two with 11.0 and the other is 11.11

Thnx in advance
New to HP
Sajid_1
Honored Contributor

hello,

Applying patches will defenitely help you. Go to custom patch manager and make your custom patch bundle. If you think all your configuration settings are similar, then the only thing I could think of that the patch level. How about the name resolution?
learn unix ..
Sachin Patel
Honored Contributor

Wait don't install patch yet.

What is your auto_master file looks like. What is your nsswitch.conf file (are you using nis or file)

What is the error message when you try to start automounter? How are you starting automounter?

Sorry to ask you many questions

Sachin
Is photography a hobby or another way to spend $
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

OK, we need to do more work then .. on the 11.11 server (I'm assuming you should be running autofs - the new automounter), check ..
# ps -ef|grep auto
==> You should be seeing 2 processes ..
autofs_proc and automountd. If that is right, continue ..
# kill
==> Kill the automountd daemon
# /usr/sbin/automuntd -v -T
==> Restart it "verbosely" so that we can trace the logs in /var/adm/automunt.log

Now "cd" to any of your automounter path (this is expected to failed since you said it doesn't work). What error did you get ? Also errors will be logged in "automount.log". Can you post that file.