108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CDE Home Session

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: CDE Home Session

Bummer, I can't seem to get my hpterm version to work and if I try to set DISPLAY with the dtterm version, either the window disappears (with -display in the command) or doesn't carry over to the next session (if set manually after the window opens).

Pete

Pete
Robert Salter
Respected Contributor

Here's a copy of my dtwmrc file, maybe it will help in more ways than one. You could set the user up with mouse control! And maybe something in there can help get it working.

I got the hpterm up, using it instead of the dtterm and it came back after setting the session and logging out and in.
Time to smoke and joke
Robert Salter
Respected Contributor

Here's the syntax I used to open the hpterm;
hpterm -sb -sl 512 -ls -geom 80X24 -n srv1 -title srv1 -e rlogin srv1

bob
Time to smoke and joke
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Bob,

Not sure what you mean by "mouse control". The user accesses CDE through Reflections/X, which means that mouse button bindings are already conflicted. I'm not sure I want to complicate that mess.

Your hpterm syntax does a lovely job of popping up the desired window, however, the DISPLAY parameter is still unset.

Pete

Pete
Robert Salter
Respected Contributor

Pete,

Oops, I'm working with CDE on a HP B2000 workstation. It's been a while since I've used reflections. I've got Exceed on my PC, I can try to set up CDE from there and see what happens.

bob
Time to smoke and joke
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

The key for us is getting the DISPLAY variable set. That's why we went with the convoluted remsh invoking hpterm on the target server syntax - it allowed us to set the display.

Pete

Pete
Robert Salter
Respected Contributor

Pete,

I set up CDE from my PC, using my workstation as the host to run CDE from. I then set up a session to another host using hpterm, in the dtwmrc file
"prndbs08" f.exec "hpterm -sb -sl 512 -ls -geom 80x24 -n prndbs08 -title 'prndbs08' -e rlogin prndbs08"

And it works, when I exit from the CDE on my PC and log back in te windows are there and logged into the other server.

I'll try logging off the workstation and just use the PC.

Bob
Time to smoke and joke
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Bob,

I've never played with the dtwmrc file. Where did you place this entry?

Pete

Pete
Robert Salter
Respected Contributor

In your home directory, there should be a .dt directory. just plop it in there.
Time to smoke and joke
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with that question. Where in the dtwmrc file should that line go. I'm assuming that I should follow the man page and copy /usr/dt/config/C/sys.dtwmrc into $HOME/.dt/dtwmrc - or is the effect cumulative (meaning that my oneline dtwmrc file would be "added" to the definitions in the system dtwmrc file)?

Pete

Pete