1754938 Members
2790 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CIFS9000-NT

R Madhavan
Frequent Advisor

CIFS9000-NT

I am using CIFS9000 to share a filesystem with an application running in NT box. When edit or create any text file from NT on the shared filesystem, every line appended with ^M. (carriage return) at UNIX side. Any parameter available in smb.conf file to overcome this or any other suggestion...
thanks.
Madhavan
3 REPLIES 3
Vincent Stedema
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CIFS9000-NT

Hi,

Actually, the line gets appended with ^M at the NT side... If you for instance use FTP to transfer the file from NT to UNIX, then FTP will translate the NT-style linefeeds to UNIX-style linefeeds. There's no Samba parameter, AFAIK, that will do this conversion for you.

You'll need to use a program like dos2ux to get rid of these carriage returns.

HTH

Regards,

Vincent
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

while tranfering file from NT to unix, NT will transfer along with its line feeder(^M) , there is no any parameter in NT to overcome this. after tranfering to unix we have to use 'sed' to remove all ^M. (: sed 1,$s/^M//g) will do the job.
never give up
R Madhavan
Frequent Advisor

Actually it is the application which is using a text editor in NT, (i do not know what this editor is)editing the file which is in UNIX which is also used subsequently by UNIX. So i guess in this case it is the editor which must take care of this. Thanks,