3599 Online
108888 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cmcheckconf & cmapplyconf after filesystem extend in Cluster vg

HP-UX admin
Occasional Advisor

cmcheckconf & cmapplyconf after filesystem extend in Cluster vg

Hi,
I want to first extend vg & then filesystem using extendfs in cluster aware vg.this I will do with vgexport & vgimport.After doing this did I need to run cmcheckconf & cmapplyconf because the filesystem which we r going to extend is having already entry in package control script file of Cluster.

Also after halting package when I do vgextend the error is vg is not active.Did I required to do vgchange -a g vgname & after that I can do vgextend & lvextend.

thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
nanan
Trusted Contributor

Re: cmcheckconf & cmapplyconf after filesystem extend in Cluster vg

Hi
you can extend disks to vgs configured into exclusive activated volume without halt pakage.

you just extend the vg you want onto the system using the volume mounted, and then maike vgmap file to import the volume information on the other cluster node.
Of cause you need to export the vg info before you import new vg infomation on the node..

you don't need to change cluster control file, it may already be reflected

Regards
nanan
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

growing logical volumes and file systems only affects the VG metadata and file system metadata on disk. It has no effect on any system files.
It is not necessary to cmcheckconf/cmapplyconf after such modifications.
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

As Stephen says - you don't have to chmcheck/cmapplyconf when making changes to an existing vg.

As far as extending - if you have onlinejfs - then you can do it with the package running.

If you don't, then you have to halt the package, then remove from cluster:
vgchange -c n /dev/vgXX
Activate it:
vgchange -a y /dev/vgXX
Do your lvextend and extendfs.
Deactivate
vgchange -a n /dev/vgXX
BAck in the cluster:
vgchange -c y /dev/vgXX

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.