4182 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Copying Files from Unix to windows machine

IT_2007
Honored Contributor

Chakravarthy,

Otherway to copy files from windows is just download putty from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html and it is just a binary file. Then go to command line on windows, c:\cd program files\putty, then look for psftp.exe which is basically does same ftp functions.

Thanks,
Srini
Michael Bush
Occasional Advisor

Not sure if CIFS would apply here or not, but I have had some success in porting files from a UNIX system to a Windows system by installing the CIFS client on the UNIX system and mounting the Windows system as described in the following URL:
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/B8724-90044/ch02.html?btnPrev=%AB%A0prev
Chakravarthy_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I installed Winsshd on windows and able to connect to the machine from unix. Now i need to automate this process. I need to know where should i put the public key in the windows directory and what the permissions should be for the files. Pls guide me with some breif steps for doing this.

Bye.

rmueller58
Valued Contributor

I use CIFS mount points on my unix box to mount the Windoze share as a directory on my unix box.

CIFS simply makes a Windows box look like an NFS mount point,

Create a directory on your unix box you what to mount,

Put an entry in your /etc/fstab for the mount point

Make the Share available on the Windoze box

mount the directort.

Then copy files at will to and from the mount point in crontab

I use Fedora FC4 or FC5 as my primary linux boxes to perform the "duty" I use Webmin to manage the File System mounts.

Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

Try SFTP over SSH
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!