2898 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLTVS 80 on D370

kumaresan_1
Occasional Advisor

DLTVS 80 on D370

Dear All,
I having D370 m/cwith hp-ux 10.20 i brought new External DLT DRIVE DLTVS 80(model no C7503A) along with fast/wide Diff/scsi Adapter model no(A4107A)now the isssue is Adapter is getting sensed but the DLT DRIVE NOT sensing. can any one have any idea about this
bye
kumaresan
7 REPLIES 7
Joaquin Gil de Vergara
Respected Contributor

Re: DLTVS 80 on D370

Be sure that the stape kernel driver is loaded

# lsdev | grep stape

If not recompile your kernel

Teach is the best way to learn
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The problem is that the VS80 is an LVD-only device. There are not any HVD versions of vS80.

Unfortunately, early versions of servers (and thus their cards) supported only HVD. Only the As, Ls and Ns (rp24xx, rp54xx, rp74xx) and newer servers support LVD.

So I'm sorry to say that there is no way you can get your vs80 to work unless you buy an HVD-to-LVD converter, or replacing your VS80 with a more-performant DLT80 HVD.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Domenico_5
Respected Contributor

hi

If you run ioscan -fn, what can you read? Unknown, NO_HW or what?
kumaresan_1
Occasional Advisor

Dear All,

stape loaded in kernel .. and through the ioscan its not showing DLT DRIVE.

if i put HVD to LVD converter it will work or i have to go connect in onboard SE SCSI ..
bye
kumaresan
Venu_2
Regular Advisor

Kumaresan,

DLTVS80 is LVD Device , this doesnot work on D-Class as it can support only FWD and SE devices

Regards

Venu
kumaresan_1
Occasional Advisor

Dear Venu,
Thankx for u reply ..
DLTVS80 will work on Dclass because it supports LVD and SE also i connected to onboard SE its owrking fine .....

Thanks for all

bye
kumaresan
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You connected it on an SE device. Can you tell us how much time you take to perform a full backup on it?

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!