Operating System - HP-UX
1758519 Members
2276 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

e-mail prob. on HP servers (convert windows to exchange )

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

e-mail prob. on HP servers (convert windows to exchange )

We just converted our windows from Groupwise to Exchange this weekend. This weekend it worked, but today it stopped. Windows admin added my ip address and hostname to their exchang side. Outside mail now seem to be working, but internal is not. /etc/var/syslog/mail.log shows it going to the old groupwise email address instead of the new exchange.
Hustle Makes things happen
2 REPLIES 2
Dave Hutton
Honored Contributor

Re: e-mail prob. on HP servers (convert windows to exchange )

Did you bounce /sbin/init.d/sendmail stop and start after you I am assuming changed the DS in your sendmail.cf?

Is it mail alias? Did you newalises after the change?

Whats the exact error in mail.log?
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Re: e-mail prob. on HP servers (convert windows to exchange )

Hi Dave thanks for your response.
I just tried stopping and starting sendmail. the DS (smart relay) has always been null in /etc/mail/send.cf. Is just says DS and a blankline below.

When we were on Groupwise I was able to send e-mail internally and externally using both either HP accounts or spoofing a real account(using -r.

Now that we are on Exchange I am only able to spoof to my external accounts. Before I was able to send e-mail with my hp account to my yahoo account. Since the domain did not exist it would go into my junk mail. Most things that go externally are spoofed in order for recipient to respond. But e-amils sent locally are not spoofed and used to work before, but now does not.

Below is sendmail. You can see that it is trying to send to 10.0.0.118, which used to be the relay, but no longer is.

un 4 13:30:53 diamond sendmail[18314]: NAA18109: to=wu-i@iehp.org,avila-m@iehp.org, delay=00:00:52, xdelay=00:00:26, mailer=esmtp,
relay=mail.iehp.org. [10.0.0.118], stat=Sent (Ok)
Jun 4 13:30:56 diamond sendmail[18316]: NAA18095: to=wu-i@iehp.org,avila-m@iehp.org, delay=00:00:55, xdelay=00:00:29, mailer=esmtp,
relay=mail.iehp.org. [10.0.0.118], stat=Sent (Ok)
Hustle Makes things happen