1757888 Members
2675 Online
108866 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

errors after hba firmware upgradation

maddy_in

errors after hba firmware upgradation

Hi All,
Yesterday we upgraded our hba firmware to latest version however after upgradation we are getting below errors while running fcmsutil. Please help what should be the next step.
wwpbiqd1:/#fcmsutil /dev/fcd0
ERROR: The installed driver and fcdutil are not compatible
DRIVER Version is 28
FCDUTIL Version is 27
2 REPLIES 2
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: errors after hba firmware upgradation

Hi,
Please get us the output of below commands:
# ioscan -fnC fc
# swlist -l product | grep -i fc

Also check the below ITRC web link which talks about similar issue.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/System-Administration/fcmsutil-fcdutil-not-working/m-p/4022869#M300270

Thanks,
Pradeep

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: errors after hba firmware upgradation

The complaint about the mismatch of versions is for the data structures. This particular version number is obtained via a runtime ioctl() call. It is not something that will be viewable via a what command.

Many revisions of the driver will have the same version of the data structures. But, when they change, the tools that access and display those structures have to use the same structures as the driver.

This error message comes from a tool which was compiled with one version of the data structure being run on a kernel with a driver compiled with a different version.

A couple easy ways to encounter this would be to copy the tool from a different system; or pull an old version off a backup after the system has been updated. Other ways are certainly possible too.

fcdutil is shipped with the fiber channel driver product. Updating the system (or golden image) with this product will bring the tool/driver back into harmony.
Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details