1758672 Members
1856 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help with chpasswd-cgi compilation

Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

Help with chpasswd-cgi compilation

Microsoft. When do you want a virus today?
3 REPLIES 3
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Re: Help with chpasswd-cgi compilation

Looks like the code has been removed from the site you mentioned, but taking a guess I'd say there are probably some syntax errors in the code.

As for the gcc errors; did you grab and install the binutils package when you installed gcc? Is /opt/binutils/bin in your PATH when you try compiling using gcc?
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

I can definately say the problem is NOT syntax errors for ANSI/C. There were a lot of new style comments "//" which the ANSI/C bundle will not accept, so I removed, checked the source for syntax errors.

The exact header and .c files I copied to my Sun box running gcc, and it compiled fine. I guess it's a way that subfunctions are declared that ANSI/C does not like.

As for gcc, I downloaded the package from the Utah porting center. with ansi/c, I do not need binutils, as that includes a lesser version of cpp, yacc, lex, etc... than is shipped with HP-UX. I'll install it, and try again with gcc and see. To me it looks more like it is having difficulty with the assembler?

Thanks for suggestions though.
I put the source bundle on one of my public FTP servers.
ftp.invenioeng.com/pub/chpasswd-cgi.tar.gz

I really got it from "www.squid-cache.org" downloads section, and I'm not sure where their link is. the internal source gave the url mentioned b4. sorry bout that.

Regards,
Shannon

Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

Never mind for now, as I think my last comment fixes somewhat my problem. It is the assembler that is having problems, because gcc is looking for /opt/binutils/bin/as for the assembler. This may fix the assembeler problem with gcc as it is defaulting to /usr/ccs/bin/as as the assembler.

I still wonder why ansi/c has problems with the sub-functions though......

Shannon

PS. Is there a way to make the HP ANSI/C support new style c comments? "// comment"