1758175 Members
3147 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how do i kill make_sys_image

Musa I. S.
Frequent Advisor

how do i kill make_sys_image

i am trying to take an ignite backup and it is failing. now i want to stop it, and it keeps saying i should kill make_sys_image on the client.
how do i go about this.
5 REPLIES 5
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Re: how do i kill make_sys_image

go to the client server and ps -ef|grep ignite or ps -ef|grep make_sys

Beware that interupting this may cause you some issues ( typically with transition links like /bin ). Need to make sure you either re-run the transition links or get a successfull ignite run.

( how long have you been waiting ). Typical OS only image creation is about 45mins. If you have gobs of other stuff mixed with OS then timeing is unknown.

TTr
Honored Contributor

Is the client a different host than the one you are running the ignite backup session? If so you have to go to that host and look at a "ps" listing to find the process ID and kill it. By now the make_sys_image will have probably completed and exited normally.
Musa I. S.
Frequent Advisor

this is what i get from the client

hqprdp1:/#ps -ef|grep make_system_image
root 16450 15617 1 19:32:14 pts/tb 0:00 grep make_system_image
hqprdp1:/#

Musa I. S.
Frequent Advisor

i have also uninstalled ignite from the client server.
TTr
Honored Contributor

There is no make_sys_image process that is running. It probably completed and exited normally on the client.
There may be an image file in /var/tmp. This is the file that the make_sys_image creates to be used in the recovery set. If it exists it will have a temporary name so if you recognize it, delete it otherwise leave it alone, no need to do anything.