3273 Online
807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to extend the Cluster Filesystem

P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

How to extend the Cluster Filesystem

Hi Masters,

What is the step by step procedure, I have to follow if one of my file system has to be increased which is part of VG in a two node MC serviceguard cluster.

Note: No online JFS installed. Package is running on primary node. There should not be any unavailability of applications.

Please help me with commands and procedure to do in best way.

Thanks to all...
9 REPLIES 9
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

Re: How to extend the Cluster Filesystem

melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Well without Online JFS, you will have to unmount the file system(s), so down time is a must!

So, you need to do something like:
1) cmhaltpkg
2) vgchange -a e
3) lvextend (to the size you want)
4) extendfs
5) mount
6) Use bdf to check the file sstem is now the size you need
7) umount

8) vgchange -a n
9) cmrunpkg
10) cmmodpkg -e

My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

Don't I need to down the cluster?
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

not if it just a file system in a package,
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

ok. Thanks.

Please list me the Scenarios, where we will have to down the cluster. If cluster needs to get it down, how the procedure.

Please reply.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Then you should read the Managing Serviceguard manual for the relvant version of Serviceguard you are using.
Please refer to:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodClassId=10008&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4162060
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Thanks. But could you give me some practical possiblities.
John Bigg
Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure why you wish for scenarios where the cluster needs to be halted, and it also depends on the release and configuration since the newer the release, the more that can be performed online.

Also, you really should know how to halt the cluster. I would suggest you should consider some training since if you cannot answer these questions you really should not be managing a Serviceguard cluster. Use cmhaltcl -f to halt a cluster.

With 11.19 most things can be done online, but if you wanted to change the member timeout of a cluster and it was running CFS, this would require downtime on all SG releases.

There is a table in the Managing Serviceguard manual which shows what can be done online and what requires the cluster to be halted. Make sure you refer to the correct version for the release you are running to get the correct info.
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

Thanks...