108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignite-UX Upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
rccmum
Super Advisor

Ignite-UX Upgrade

I will doing HPUX OS upgrade from 11.00 to 11.11 on a N4000 server which is also Ignite-UX (C.6.10.97) server having PA-RISC & Itanium clients network recovery archives, golden images etc.

We have a separate lvol for "/var/opt/ignite" on a non-vg00 vg. I want to retain the client, images configuration in the new setup.

I am planning to install HPUX 11.11 on this server with latest IG-UX C.7.1.93

My questions are
1. Will the client configuration be recognised if I just mount this lvol on new /var/opt/ignite or I need to so something else?

2. Is there any way in latest IG-UX to populate the IG-UX client only s/w to all clients at a time?

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Solution

1. The client directory should not be a problem. Leave it mounted during the update and Ignite should just keep using it.

2. Yes. The recovery commands will automatically copy the latest Ignite client software subset to the target, if needed, before making the recovery image.
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

Hello,

1) Install the 11.11 normally and dont install Ignite UX during installation. When server boots with 11i. Mount this old LV on /var/opt/ignite and then install the Ignite UX version you want. Your clients will be intact.

2) I use this command to do so. Log in to each client and run the folllwing command.
you can use ssh to do it remotely from your Ignite Server.

/usr/sbin/swinstall -x mount_all_filesystems=false -s :/var/opt/ignite/depots/recovery_cmds "*"

Note:- Specially when you have Itanium Boxes in picture for recovery using Ignite UX. Make sure that You dont have a ignite Version Mismatch on DVD and The master server. You need to maintain a same version on DVD, client and Master IGnite UX Server for recovery in case of Emergency. Core OS DVDs are used to restore the Image on Itanium Box.