5387 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Imake problems?

Matthew Crouse
Advisor

Imake problems?

Hi all,

I am trying to build a product that requires imake on an i2000 running HP-UX 11.20. I have tried for some time to figure this out, but to no avail. My problem is this: every time I run imake I get an error that I have not seen before on any other system. It goes like this:

bash-2.04# uname -r
B.11.20
bash-2.04# imake
interpreter "/vobs/common/11.20/usr/lib/hpux32/uld.so" not found
exec(2): could not load a.out
bash-2.04#

The same error occurs no matter how I call imake (using xmkmf, for example, of from the command line with any combination of arguments). Does anybody have any ideas?

I have tried running find on / and combining it with grep to locate the source of the "vobs/common/11.20" string, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

I tried re-installing imake from the application cds just to be safe, but no help.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt Crouse
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: Imake problems?

Hi Matt,

Looks like a improper search for a library. Do a search for "uld.so". You may have to modify your library search path.

Hope this helps.

thanks
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Looks like the imake that you got is a wrong/beta version. The parent directory
"vobs" indicate clearcase's version object base which is used during the development phase.

So, install a latest version of ANSIC developer's bundle.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Matthew Crouse
Advisor

Thanks for the info Sridhar. What you said makes sense to me. I installed the ANSI C developer's bundle from the application software CD I recieved from HP, which has a date of May 2001. How should I go about getting an updated copy?

Sanjay, the library that it is looking for is located in /usr/lib/hpux32, so it is just the /vobs/common/11.20 that is being prepended.
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Hi again Matthew,

I would suggest to check with HP to see if they can recommend something. You can probably point your SHLIB_PATH to /usr/lib/hpux32 or
temporarly create a link to this directory as required and remove the link later once you are done with the compilation.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try