Operating System - HP-UX
1759072 Members
3733 Online
108879 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

issue cron when execute script the dump Oracle.

SOLVED
Go to solution

issue cron when execute script the dump Oracle.

Hi, people

I have a problem in the cron when execute a script the dump. I get the following error:
. exporting resource costs
. exporting rollback segment definitions
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers
EXP-00002: error in writing to export fileerror closing export file /tmp/export_rateprd1_pipe
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I found the thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=945790
but unsuccessfully.

any ideas?

Tks.

Claudemir.
11 REPLIES 11
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: issue cron when execute script the dump Oracle.

How did you setup the named pipe? (At least judging from the file name, it appears to be a named pipe.) Is there a reader process for this named pipe? Does the export process have write permission on the pipe?
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

Stephenson,

The name pipe is "export_rateprd1_pipe" and the permission to file pipe is:
prw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Feb 26 10:21 export_rateprd1_pipe

Curious it is that it was functioning. Command line is function, but in crontab unsuccessfully.

any ideas?

Tks.

Claudemir.
Oviwan
Honored Contributor

Hy

Do you execute it from the oracle users cron?

Regards

Hi,

Yeap my friends,

Claudemir.
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

Whats your crontab entry look like ?

Try to eliminate the problems one by one. Try adjusting permissions of the file and re-running. This would at least eliminate any permissions problems.

gstonian,

my cron for user ORACLE
21 10 * * * $HOME/bin/exp_bancoz.sh rateprd1 full 2 >$HOME/log/exp_full_rateprd1.log 2>&1

In my script exp_bancoz.sh, i added one line with the command "chmod 666 /tmp/file_pipe" after the command "mknod". But unsuccessfully.

Tks

Claudemir,

Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Claudemir,
could you please:

1. Review all your earlier threads with a view to reward the answers given, giving feedback and closing them. Your profile is 0 of 18 answers rewarded. Please read:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33 on how to reward any useful answers given to your questions.

2. Post the $HOME/bin/exp_bancoz.sh script and any parameter file for the export command
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Bear in mind that when you create a named pipe (or a pipe of any kind for that matter), you must have 2 processes: a writer process (the exp command in your case) and a reader process (which might be a cat or dd to a file or tape). It is not clear that you have established a reader process; if not, your observed behavior is exactly what would be expected.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

Hi gurus,

My script is attachment!!!

Thanks a lot.

Claudemir