2979 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

java GregorianCalender problem...

Soundararajan
Occasional Contributor

java GregorianCalender problem...

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem in my HP-UX machine. I recently installed HP-UX 11.0 (Sep 2002 release) on this system (J6700) along with QPK bundle (that came with the CD) and the latest patches required to run java applications (1.3.1_02). Intermittently (more frequently I should say) our java applications throw the following exception:

------
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.util.GregorianCalendar.timeToFields(Unknown Source)
at java.util.GregorianCalendar.computeFields(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Calendar.setTimeInMillis(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Unknown Source)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.fw.db.JDate.(JDate.java:59)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.createJDBFieldInfo(ResultTableCreation.java:728)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.createResultData(ResultTableCreation.java:509)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.writeResultData(ResultTableCreation.java:442)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.execute(ResultTableCreation.java:359)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.appl.ScenarioProcess.createResultTables(ScenarioProcess.java:1850)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.appl.ScenarioProcess.init(ScenarioProcess.java:1710)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.appl.ScenarioProcess.main(ScenarioProcess.java:947)
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.util.GregorianCalendar.timeToFields(Unknown Source)
at java.util.GregorianCalendar.computeFields(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Calendar.setTimeInMillis(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Unknown Source)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.fw.db.JDate.(JDate.java:59)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.createJDBFieldInfo(ResultTableCreation.java:728)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.createResultData(ResultTableCreation.java:509)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.writeResultData(ResultTableCreation.java:442)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.events.ResultTableCreation.execute(ResultTableCreation.java:359)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.appl.ScenarioProcess.createResultTables(ScenarioProcess.java:1850)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.appl.ScenarioProcess.init(ScenarioProcess.java:1710)
at jp.co.nec.diosa.sno.appl.ScenarioProcess.main(ScenarioProcess.java:947)
-----

I have other older ('C' Class) HP-UX systems running 11.0 (not Sep 2002 release), but I am not facing this problem in any of these machines.

Can anybody please let me know what could be the problem.

Thanks,
Soundar
A Newcomer !!
5 REPLIES 5
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: java GregorianCalender problem...

Hi

Software works or doesnt. This sounds like a bad CPU or at least hardware.When you get the HW which is faulty then you get the problem.

Would suggest you have a check done for a CPU which is failing.

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Soundararajan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for the reply. Yes, the software works. The software is designed to exit once it catches an exception.

I checked /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file for any problems, I did not see any messages relating to a hardware issue. What are the other log files that I should check for hardware issues? How do I check if a CPU is failing? Any diagnostics tool that I can use to check the hardware?

Thanks,
Soundar
A Newcomer !!
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

try to use STM for the diagnostic and troubleshooting.

also, find a script that can help you in this task..

hope this helps!

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Soundararajan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much for the reply Yogeeraj !!

I dont find cstm on my machine (under /usr/sbin). Even did a find of cstm from /, but its not found. Can you please let me know where can I find this tool. Is it part of any product/bundle/fileset? If so, which CD I can search for.

Thanks,
-<>-
A Newcomer !!
Soundararajan
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I was on an unexpected vacation for sometime and hence the delay in replying.

Steve, you were perfectly right. The problem was with one of the CPU. I logged a call with HP and with the help of their support group, I was able to confirm this and they replaced the motherboard itself (as CPU is not FRU). Thanks a lot. I never expected it would lead to a hardware problem.

Thanks to all for helping me out on this. Online Diagnostics software was not completely installed on the system and hence I was not able to find out cstm utility. Once I installed it, I was able to find it out.

Thanks Again !!

-<>-
A Newcomer !!