1758185 Members
2995 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

lvmtab file

lvmtab file

Hello All

Is there some form to execute a vgcfgrestore?? . because I??m remove the /etc/lvmconf/vgXX.conf and vgXX.conf.old.
And we don??t get to mount the file system.
Thanks
rodriguescj
4 REPLIES 4
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Re: lvmtab file

You can try this..

mkdir /etc/lvmconf ( If you have deleted the directory!)

vgcfgbackup /dev/vgnn ( Vgname)

man vgcfgbackup for information

-USA..
Good Luck..
Helen French
Honored Contributor

The command to restore the lvm configuration files in /etc/lvmconf is "vgcfgbackup(1m)". This command will restore the files to the deafault directory (/etc/lvmconf) or if specified, to a different one. Normally when you change the LVM configuration on any VG, this command will be executed automatically and the old conf file will be renamed to .old extension. Read man pages for more details. Make sure you won't delete any file from /etc accidently!
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Stuart Abramson_2
Honored Contributor

I don't think the mount process has anything to do with /etc/lvmconf files.

But I SURELY would never remove them.

I would remake them with vgcfgbackup VGNAME for each VG on your system.

If you have a mount problem, look at the actual logical volume in question, /dev/vgXX/lvoNN, look at the mount point, and look at the /etc/fstab.

When you do a "mount -a", what error message do you get?
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Information in /etc/lvmconf can remain static for a long time so any backup tape might be of use to you. Try a partial restore into a temp dir and then read the contents with :

vgcfgrestore -f /dir/temp_file -l

Compare the disks to /etc/lvmtab. If the same the copy over to /etc/lvmconf. use this command to read /etc/lvmtab:

strings /etc/lvmtab
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law