1755407 Members
4675 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

mc service guard nfs issue

JamesLau_1
Occasional Advisor

mc service guard nfs issue

Hi All , can someone tell me how to starup the nfs service in mc service guard,thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

Re: mc service guard nfs issue

NFS service is not bound with your service guard; but it is with your node.

If you want to export some file system under Cluster, you need to define that in package or create an executable, which should trigger at the end of package startup.
Regards
Shibin
JamesLau_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Shibin , thanks for the info , but currently my system is running the mc services guard nfs tool kit , is working fine until this moring , i can't ping the virtual IP , on the other hp unix cleint , can't mount it , please advice , thanks.
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

It seems like you have issue with connecting between 2 nodes. ( sorry, if I didn't understand your question properly ).

You may have to check it first, why the connection problem where does it happen.
Regards
Shibin
JamesLau_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Shibin , it like windows sharing out the folder for other server to access , it unix way, any advice ?
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

>> i can't ping the virtual IP , on the other hp unix cleint , can't mount it ,

To work your NFS, connection between NFS server and client should be fine. If you can't ping, then there is something blocking your connection. Once you resolve this issue, you will be able to mount it.
Regards
Shibin

Hi James,

i understand that you are unable to ping the package IP from the clients is that correct? what is the status of the NFS packages in cmviewcl output.I guess package itself could have halted/failed for some reason.

Please share the cmviewcl -v output?