2966 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Michael has got his second crown, too!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Re: Michael has got his second crown, too!

Congratulations Michael. With you and Woodish present, these forums will never go to sleep. Great responses and I too enjoy reading them.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Congrats Michael ! Great achievements !

Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Michael!

A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Michael:

Your responses are always a good read and your contributions from a TZ far, far away help to keep the Forums a 24x7 shop. Wodisch, thanks for keeping to the 1pt convention.

Best wishes, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Thank you all,

pretty many answers in a short time - seems we all appreciate what you do, Michael!

Sanjay: how do you answer so many postings, if you are not connected all the time? :-)

Patrick: formidable accent you've got there - but then, I've got german ears...

Alexander: I *do* take Terry Pratchett pretty serious! He usually is one of the very few being able to explain why this planet is working the way it is, actually ;-)

Andreas: thanks, it is just an attempt to get us rid of the "your hats are only congrats points" accusation that pops up every now and then. But I would love to assign smileys here!!!

Justo: the crowns are only painted glossy paper (mine at least), so do not worry...
But you'll have to ask the queens and our princess, wether they have got true jewelry from Dan!

Victor: aren't you as busy as Michael, yourself, helping people here on the forums???

Jim: it gets harder to come up with new ideas these days, but one can always try ;-)

T.M.Louah: how do you pronounce that, "t++" I mean?

Deshpande: I am pretty certain he will do exactly that - he is as addicted as we all seem to be.

Uday: that is a pretty good complimemnt there: "good to read", it IS national compliment day today in the USA, so I am told...

Sriiiiidhar: somebody finally has to tell your that your keyboard is broken - the "o" happens to repeat itself from time to time :-(

A.Clay: perhaps we can maintain this as a new tradition? But I am still undecided about the 10pts for Michael, should he turn up here... What do you suggest? 10pts would give him some advantage towards #3, though, and he is already pretty fast ;-)

Kind regards to all,
Wodisch (this IS exhausting - Dan: can we have that "Single-click-to-assign-1-point-to-all" feature, soon, please?
someone_4
Honored Contributor

Good going mike ..

Richard
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Wodisch:

Others may disagree but I think that the convention should be 10 points for the honoree and 1 point for everyone else. As in all things UNIX, it depends. If someone relates a truly interesting, funny, or insightful contribution then feel free to award whatever you like.

My 3 cents, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

Go Michael go.

I have gotten busy and can't get on as often as I was before.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again) Wodisch:

I'll second what Clay has said: 1-point for those congratulating and 10-points for the honoree. I see nothing wrong with this. After all, what's 10/2500? ;-)

Regards!

...JRF...
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Clay&Jim: it was just my german approach to humour - did not work :-(