1755103 Members
4314 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

native multipath driver version in HP UX 11i v3

Shashi Belur

native multipath driver version in HP UX 11i v3

Hi,

Does anyone know the native multipath driver version in HP UX 11i v3? Is there any command that shows the version of multipath driver?

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

Re: native multipath driver version in HP UX 11i v3

Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

I am not sure which driver (esctl or esdisk) is responsible for multipathing (may be both of them) but you can find the driver versions by:

# what /stand/vmunix | grep -E 'esctl|esdisk'
esctl - /ux/core/kern/common/io/escsi/services/esctl.c:Jan 14 2010,22:49:05
esctl.c $Date: 2009/05/31 03:06:26 $Revision: r11.31/7 PATCH_11.31 (B11.31.0909LR)
$Revision: esctl: B11.31.1003LR
$Revision: esdisk: B11.31.1003LR
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor

/dev/mapper ? That directory doesn't even exist on my HP-UX machines.

Since it is native in HP-UX 11i v3, there is no real version. You could maybe look at patches for FCMassStorage or SCSI.
Ismail Azad
Esteemed Contributor

Shashi,

Esdisk is definitely the driver for persistent DSFs which is associated with agile addressing, concepts that are related to the very advantageous multipathing feature in 11iv3. esdisk replaces sdisk as the driver although legacy DSFs are still backward compatible. If you are looking for a firmware revision then the previous post would be useful.
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
Shashi Belur

Thanks everyone for the info. :)

I am particularly looking for the multipath driver version info as I needed to present this info in a report. So was wondering how to retrieve this...

Since all my hosts are down at the moment, will try to verify various files/locations for revision/version info when my hosts are brought back online.
SunnyS
Advisor

Hello Shashi,

NMP in 11iv3 is not implemented in a particular driver. Rather it is part of the 11iv3 SCSI stack. In other words, it is built in.

If you still want to know the version, then I'd say it is the Fusion release of the HP-UX. So, 11.31 Fusion 1003 for the March 2010 release, etc.