108906 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

need to export CDE to NT workstation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Todd McDaniel_1
Honored Contributor

need to export CDE to NT workstation

All: I am trying to remember how to export a CDE to my NT workstation. I used to do this a couple of years ago, but have forgotten how to do it.

I think I need to use xhost +host and export DISPLAY. But I don't know what else I need.
Unix, the other white meat.
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: need to export CDE to NT workstation

Hi Todd,

You need an X-server program such as Exceed & then use XDMCP Broadcast & select the server you wish to run the CDE session from. If the server allows such sessions then you should get the CDE login.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Todd McDaniel_1
Honored Contributor

I do have exceed running. when it starts it has 2 servers in there but they are not mine. I just connect in passive mode and then can run swinstall and glance, but I really want to run the actual CDE.

I am missing something so go slow and explain. I never get the login screen.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Check the server's /ust/dt/config/Xaccess file & make sure it has the following line (uncommented - the star is required - # is comment)

* CHOOSER BROADCAST

Then restart the dtlogin using

/sbin/init.s/dtlogin.rc reset

And try again.

HTH,
Jeff

PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Christopher McCray_1
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you go to start --> programs --> Exceed --> Xconfig, you will see an icon for screen definition. Double-click on it and look for the "file:" input box, which should have a file listed there. Click on edit and add your servers in the file, save it and restart XDMCP.

Hope this helps

Chris
It wasn't me!!!!
Todd McDaniel_1
Honored Contributor

Okay, I had to edit the xconfig-> communication icon.
Change the mode to XDMCP broadcast. Check the box in the bottom under XDCMP broadcast area. This file is where I listed my hosts as previously stated, called "xdmcp.txt" from the Screen Definition Icon.

Now it works. Even though I had edited this file. It wasnt' referenced upon Broadcast because it wasn't selected in xconfig-> Communication-> XDMCP/broadcast. Make sure both boxes are checked.

Thanks for the help!!