New Discussion юеВ

Net Installation via Ignite server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jean Mesquida_1
Frequent Advisor

Net Installation via Ignite server

Hi,

I did a network backup of one of my workstations (HP-UX 10.20+Ignite 2.4.307, 2 LAN cards : lan0/10BT not used and lan1/100BT using with driver btlan0) via my Ignite server (also S700/10.20/Ignite 2.4.307) after patching pax utility : everything worked fine.
When trying to recover this station as a test, the recovery process did not complete and hanged in /configure3 program with the following message :

ifconfig : btlan01 : no such interface

Then the process stops and ask me if I want to enter a shell to correct this error...
It seems that Ignite is unable to manage this card and recognizes btlan01 instead of lan1 (appending "1" to the name of the driver : "btlan0"), so I forced a "manual" ifconfig with the right card, lan1, but, what do I have to do after that ? If I do an exit, the system reboots and the recovery process starts up once again at reboot but hangs in the same state, trying to initialize "btlan01".
I should mention the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file is correct but /configure3 does not seem to use it during this step.

Any help would be appreciated !
Best regards.
JM
2 REPLIES 2
Ken Scharpell
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Net Installation via Ignite server

When you enter a shell from ignite to fix a problem normally you can finish by typing exit, which will reboot, or if youve fixed or want to ignore the problem, type exit 2, then ignite will continue with the installation.

Ignite does seem to have a problem with 100Mb lan drivers/Fiber drivers on restores. Had problems with this before. You need to go into the Advanced menu on restoring and dselect the fiber/100Mb lan, when its up re-enable them.
The whole world is a simple perl script
Jean Mesquida_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Net Installation via Ignite server

Thanks for your help : I shall try this ASAP
Cheers
JM