1756816 Members
2785 Online
108853 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nfs lock

gigiz
Valued Contributor

Nfs lock

Hi i need to configure a package nfs in 2 node hp with ServiceGuard 11.16.
The package must mount a filesystem on the node, importing on yourself this file system in nfs and mounting in nfs on the other node by ssh.
NFS LOCK is it already configured or i need to configure ? If not how configure it?
What is the best solution The remote mounting in ssh, or the AUTOMOUNTIG?

Many point at all...
2 REPLIES 2
ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

Re: Nfs lock

Hi Gigiz,

The settings required for nflocks is depending on your application.

After strting the nfs application you can check the nflocks usage by the following command.

$/usr/sbin/kcusage nflocks

You have to run the above command in both the NFS Server and client. Then you will get the idea whether currently given value is enough or not according to that you can change the settings.

Through SAM or through command you can change nflocks value.

If your application is running 24/7 better do automount.Change the nfs client fstab accroding to that.

ManojK

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nfs lock

Get B5140BA (HA-NFS-Toolkit for Serviceguard) and follow the configuration instructions.
You need some shared storage for the exported filesystem and some storage for the NFS locks. On the system were the shared storage is currently mounted you need to mount the filesystem via local nfs mount!
E.g. create a shared volume and mount it under /export/whatever. Afterwards mount this as /whatever on both (!!) nodes!
It's not important whether or not tu use automounter but you need equal mountpoints on both nodes!

My 2 cents,
Armin
And now for something completely different...