1758607 Members
2248 Online
108873 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Okidata Microline 321

Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Okidata Microline 321

Has anybody successfully used an Okidata Microline 321 impact printer through a jet direct before? I have been able to modify a generic line printer script to format pages properly, but I can't get the \033%-12345x\ from printing on the page as well. Obviously this old printer does not recognize this command...

Thanks,
Craig
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
7 REPLIES 7
Rodney Hills
Honored Contributor

Re: Okidata Microline 321

That code is for HP LaserJets. I don't think you grabbed a generic text file print driver script.

I have used Okidata Microlines through jetdirect without any problems. I usually set the Okidata to Epson emulation and I use the proper escape codes for that.

-- Rod Hills
There be dragons...
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

You should use the model script for a "dumb" printer.

Also there is a printer forum that may give you more information. See http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/FamilyHome/1,,412,00.html

Cheryl
"Downtime is a Crime."
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Craig,

If I remember correctly there were 2 "flavors" of OKI 321 - Oki native & Epson/IBM compatible.

Get into the menu mode on the printer to verify just which you have. If you have the Epson/IBM model you can toggle between which emulation it uses thru the menu.

Else you'll have to edit the script to output the proper codes.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Thanks, we'll try the dumb script and let everyone know.

Craig
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

I am on the road to success. My only problem is that page 4 and 5 are not aligned correctly (don't have any more info than that) Any alignment functions that could be added to my script?

Thanks,
Craig
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

That means, it can't keep the data in the buffer properly. Is there any chance to increase the buffer of the printer? Or if you can control the flow of data from system to the printer.

Sandip
Good Luck!!!
Rodney Hills
Honored Contributor

Depending on whether you are using page ejects, I found that I had to do a backward half-line feed before each print job to have the output line up on the paper.

-- Rod Hills
There be dragons...