108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Patches

SOLVED
Go to solution
hpuxhelp
Regular Advisor

Patches

I have completed the installation of ignite -ux software including theirs fileset. However, I haven't done the installation for patches. What patches that I need to use for this and where can i down load it from? o.s 11i, model K380 32 bits o/s
13 REPLIES 13
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Re: Patches

Hi,

This is what I would do.

itrc.hp.com ->

individual patches ->

hp-ux ->

select 800, 11.11

-> Search by Keyword

Type "ignite"

and search.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

Use the ITRC's Custom Patch Manager to identify the recommended patches. Download the patches, create a depot and install the patches.

HTH
Marty
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The only patches you really need for Ignite/UX to work is the latest PAX patch. If you run make_tape_recovery it will let you know whether or not you have the latest PAX patch installed and recommend which one it is you need to install.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

To the best of my knowledge, all you'll need is the latest pax patch: PHCO_26422.

Pete

Pete
Helen French
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you are talking about only Ignite-UX, then you need to apply patches for pax(1) utility. You can dowload it from ITRC site:Select: Maintenance and Support -> Individual Patches.

Read more from here:
http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
hpuxhelp
Regular Advisor

I did it, however there is only patch that i need to download that is PHSS 27858...
I thought I would need more than that? any thoughtS?
I am trying to do make_net_recovery testing
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

PHSS 27858 is an OpenView patch, you don't need it. The ONLY patch you need is the pax patch: PHCO_26422.

Pete

Pete
hpuxhelp
Regular Advisor

Can some1 show me how to untar this patch
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

I don't think you should have to untar the patch - swinstall should handle it.

However, which patch? I repeat - you do not need that OpenView patch (and probably won't be able to install it) - you need the pax patch.

Pete

Pete