3686 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problems in connecting to tcsh account using reflection

itai weisman
Super Advisor

hi,
i can see in glance that i'm using 211 out of 1024 available tty's (npty value) so i don't think i should raise this parameter ... maybe i should change only one or two of those 3 parameters? is there any way to find out my usage of the other two (nstrpty and nstrtel)???
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

nptys are used by telnet/ssh connections. CDE, Reflection use nstrpty. You are running out of nstrpty. Tune it as said.

Post.

Anil
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
itai weisman
Super Advisor

ok, i get it, but before i'm doing that, is there any way to make sure that is the case?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The best way to handle the 3 tty parameters is to set them all the same. This is a simple kernel parameter that sets the maximum number of connections. Since different programs use one of the three different drivers, the verification is the error message as you've reported. Glance does not keep high-water marks for nstrtel or nstrpty so there is no direct measurement. There is zero risk in changing all the values to 1024.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
itai weisman
Super Advisor

hey,
this is not the case,
those three parameters are equal in my machine, and still, even when the server is not busy,(now i have 205 connections out of 1024 possibles) it wouldn't work.