reflectionx I love it !! but ???

SOLVED
Go to solution
someone_4
Honored Contributor

reflectionx I love it !! but ???

Hey everyone ..
I have installed refection X ..
I think it is really cool. I have an hp box that has an internet connection and netscape already. And I have opend an X window As a matter of fact that is how I am posting this message good stuff! But now I have regular work email and was wondering if I there is a way to get regular mail on here? also anyone have any tricks with refectionx I am really liking the thought of using hpux as a workstation . But For some reason the back space doesnt work?
Please share your thoughts.

Richard
3 REPLIES 3
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: reflectionx I love it !! but ???

You can forward your email to the hp workstation...also as for the backspace issue, that can easily be fixed by setting stty erase where bs char is the character you want to use for backspace.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Sure Richard,

On your Reflection X Taskbar, Select Settings->Keyboard
Uncheck 'Backspace key sends delete'
and
Host Keyboard -> Set to HP

That will fix your backspace.

As for email, after setting your DISPLAY then execute elm.

If you have loaded the CDE software on your server and are using CDE the desktop already has a mail icon.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Lou Zirko_1
Frequent Advisor

As was mentioned just have your email forwarded to the "new" address. How you do this would be dependent on what you are forwarding from. If it's a standard unix mail account just put a files named .forward in your home directory and have a line in that file containing the email address you want mail forwarded to.

As for the BS issue there is a configuration option in Reflection where you can choose where BS sends BS or Delete. This would effect all sessions.

Good Luck. I use Reflection X myself at home and have for a few years.

Lou Zirko