108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote Script Exectution & sysdef

Sundar_7
Honored Contributor

Remote Script Exectution & sysdef

Hi All,

I have some two simple queries ..

* Say I have two nodes ..A and B and I have a script in A ..if I want to execute this script remotely (using remsh) without actually copying the script ..is there any way to do it ??

* I have a machine with HP-UX 11.0 and if I say "sysdef" for some of the parameters it shows very strange values..it has "0" for sema and some random value for nbuf and bufpages but whereas "kmtune" comes up with correct values..

So..will any of U pls advice me which one to go for and in HP-UX 10.20 where kmtune is not there ..other than sysdef is SAM the only way to get the kernel parameters.

I know we can use adb to extract the kernel parameters..but is there any other command ??

Pls pass some inputs on these things

Thanks in advance

Sundar
Learn What to do ,How to do and more importantly When to do ?
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Remote Script Exectution & sysdef

Hi:

"sysdef" is fine for 10.x but can be unreliable on 11.x. On 11.x as you have already found, use 'kmtune'. Unfortunately, 'kmtune' does not exist before 11.0.

Regards!

...JRF...
Robin Wakefield
Honored Contributor

Hi Sundar,

cat yourscript | remsh remotehost /sbin/sh

This obviously depends on what your script does, but if it's simple enough, this should work OK.

Rgds, Robin.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

For executing a script remotely, if there are just a few commands, you can string out the commands on one line. remsh is designed to start a remote shell and run whatever commands are on the command line. But the length of the command line is limited and adding the appropriate tests and error information will be very complicated.

Save yourself a LOT of problems by simply using rcp to copy the script to the remote site, run it with remsh, then use remsh again to remove it.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Try #sysinfo -K,search in the web for sysinfo HPUX 11.00.