5541 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAR's Out Put.

harry_7
Frequent Advisor

SAR's Out Put.

Hi All,

I have about 20 servers server. Daily I have to generate the SAR's out put and generate the charts in Microfoft Excel Sheeet.

I am not using any tool for the Charts (except) Excel.

Can some one have any free tool from where I can upload the SAR's file and update the Charts on daily basis.

Regards

Harry
2 REPLIES 2
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: SAR's Out Put.

I am using RRDtool to store, archive and graph sar and anyother performance data that spews out a number. You can craft shell scripts to periodically get sar stats from your servers (using rsh or ssh or even client-server sockets...) and update your RRD file.. you can have a cron entry that constantly referesh / generate the GIF files whic can be portrayed via a web interface...

RRDtool plus examples are at this web site:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

Of course you can also take a look at other tools free and commercial: SarCheck, Sarge, SarGrapher, PerfGraph . To name a few... But with RRDtool combined with a little PERL/Shell scripting knowledge plus some Web knowldege -- you can create your own suite -- that will be better than most commercial packages.
Hakuna Matata.
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SAR's Out Put.

Until you decide what package to use and get it up and running, a quick-and-dirty method is to route the sar output to a file in comma delimited format:

sar |tr -s [:space:]|tr -s " " "," > sardata.out

And then ftp the file to your windows system and import it into excel.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later