2973 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ServiceGuard Monocluster

Maurizio Fulli
Advisor

ServiceGuard Monocluster

Hi,
I want to configure service guard on one machine with the monocluster configuration.
I want to know, if is it possible, to do this, without assigns an Virtual ip to the package, and if the FS in monocluster can reside on volume gruop VG00.
Regards

Maurizio
8 REPLIES 8
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi Maurizio,

Definitely you can build SG cluster on one machine. You can use or not use floating IPs, you can use only vg00 volume group, you can use additional volume groups and file systems built on them with or withiut activating them from packages.
I'm not sure that you can mount a FS on vg00 from a SG package.

Good luck
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

Serviceguard does not need a volume group on a 1-node cluster. Neither is a cluster lock VG or quorum server necessary in a "monocluster". However, if you create a package that uses a logical volume in vg00, I suggest you don't reference that logical volume in the package control script... Just mount all lvols at boot time since no other node will access them.

A relocatable / virtual / floating IP is not a requirement of Serviceguard - it is a feature that you may take advantage of if you need it.

-=StephenDoud
JW_8
Occasional Advisor

Hi Maurizio,
The answer to what you asked are yes to all of them. You may want to say a few more words on what you want to accomplish. Most of the people use 1-node cluster to do initial development for applications to be run in cluster environment. So, floating IP and separate VG are used even during the development. Hope this helps.
JW
Scott J. Showalter
Frequent Advisor

You can even make a single node cluster without any packages. The purpose being network failover.
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
RAJESH GANGADHARAN
Regular Advisor

Let me add some more to scott,
We can have packages in single node cluster where we can automate the package (applciation ) restart in case of a failure.

Raj
Let the choices you make today be the choices you can live with tomorrow.
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Yes you can do what you want - I'm doing that on a B2000 Workstation - just for script testing.

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
maurizio_6
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to all,
I've configured a SG monocluster without VIP, and it's configured on vg00, only for restart the package in case of failure, like RAJESH did.

regards
Maurizio
Navid Hussain_1
Advisor

Hi Maurizio

You should appreciate for all participant suggestions in terms of assigning points as well.

It is just a reminder to you to encourage users to participate in forum.

Cheers ..

NAVID