1758417 Members
3122 Online
108869 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

system panic with nfs

Brett GLennon
Occasional Contributor

system panic with nfs

I have an 3 N-Class servers that are running 11.0 The OS release was in March 2000. Whenever I access a nfs mounted filesystem the system panics. I have installed PHKL_21532, PHNE_17247 and all dependencies. This has not corrected the problem.
Note the nfs fs is on an HP machine.

Attached is the panic from the console.
Thanks in advance,
Brett
7 REPLIES 7
Andy Monks
Honored Contributor

Re: system panic with nfs

Brett, I had a quick check, and that's nothing obvious. I'd recommend logging a call with HP support and sending the dump into them to look at.

Andy
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

1.In "patches area": there are a few more NFS patches: PHCO_16074, PHCO_14627, PHCO_14194, PHCO_16280. Those could be old patches (my N machine is a production one), you can chech for newer ones.
2.You said, when try to access. I understand from here, you have no problem to start nfs. core and client respectively server in the machines.
"try to access" is try to cd, try to read, try to write???? From with user and one more thing: Can you, please post the line from fstab or the command that runs to mount it?
Brett GLennon
Occasional Contributor

prmview1.rsn.bg.com:/view/C0109/prmtstvob /tstrel/prm nfs ro,hard 0 0

this is output from fstab

the fs mounts fine no problems, you can even cd to the nfs fs, but it hoses when you "ls" it. I've tried it as root and tried it as another user.
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

If possible, umount the file system and mount it with soft option.
If you did not allowed root access, doesn't make sense to try as root. Try as another user.
Check the permission on the nfs file as well.
Same problem?
Brett GLennon
Occasional Contributor

Tried changing to soft mount, still panics. I have a few V-Classes, 30 A-classes, and other K, L etc.. that access this fs without any problems. It just seems to be the N-Class specifically.
Thanks again
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

Only one more suggestion: Compare the nfs patches and daemons running in the other clients (HP-UX 11.0) with this N machine... I can not thing at anything else than, as it was already said to call HP. Please post the solution. Thanks, A.
Brett GLennon
Occasional Contributor

This fs was created via clearcase and there seems to be some 64 bit alignment problem. Looks like a new patch will come out shortly for it. Thanks for info.