108872 Solutions
New Discussion

TCB files on diaster recovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
Greg Dick_1
Occasional Advisor

TCB files on diaster recovery

I was wondering if anybody has run into the problem at dr of trying to restore the tcb files on another server? Since I could not do a full system restore on the system we had for DR because we were going from a L series to a N series we did a secletive restore just of the /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /tcb/files/* and the files we needed for our backup client we run which is adsm. After doing that I could not login at the console it would complain that it could not find the trusted database. BUT I could still telnet in and do work from there. Did I miss some files to be restored or can you not do that?
1 REPLY 1
Madhu Sudhan_1
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: TCB files on diaster recovery

The OS on N-Class Box, Is it a trusted system ? If not, convert to trusted system using SAM and then try a restore of /etc/passwd, ... , /tcb files.

For Detailed explanation about setting up and adminstering a trusted system, follow the URL.

http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90676/B2355-90676_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90676/00/00/56-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90676/00/00/56-toc.html&searchterms=trusted%20system&queryid=20001023-115644

Hope this helps.
......Madhu
Think Positive