Operating System - HP-UX
1758434 Members
2771 Online
108871 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: trying to simulate system recovery for a system w/o a tape drive.

Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor

Re: trying to simulate system recovery for a system w/o a tape drive.

First for everyone it's FRIDAY! Thank God.
Second review the attachment and it should illistrate that the internal lan's address is 60/6.0, which is what I have been trying to boot through to get to the Ignite server. What the subnets are set to. Last but not least an important excerpt from an HP document.

Tim...Also found document UIUXKBRC00010143 talking about the ENTRY_INIT -7 message.
I don't think that a boot helper could help. See attachment. As far as system messages on the Ignite server there were some "rpcbind: cannot accept connection: bad call sequence number (current state 4)" there were 3 of these. A TON of "tftpd[29561]: Transfer timed out". And a "bootpd[19013]: Exiting after 500 minutes of inactivity". Nothing that I could see regarding the connecting of the client.

Con....I'm not sure but I think item 1 in your response was the answer to item 3. "192.0.2.250:::" is in the
/etc/opt/ignite/instl_boottab file. After reading the document at the end of the attachment I didn't even bother with item 2.

SEP... I think the attachment and the above comments pretty much say it all.

To ALL... Thanks for the efforts in trying to get this going. Now on to other things.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" A. Einstein