New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to RCP

SOLVED
Go to solution
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

George,

This is how I resolve these problems. Say there are two servers A and B. You want to set remsh/rcp access. The details are as follows. (This just an example. Replace all details to suit to your situation)

From serverA, telnet to serverB (the user for which you want to set remsh/rcp) Once you are logged in do
who -um. Check the last column of the output.
(The ip address is in /etc/hosts or what ever you use for name resolution, you will get hostname here.)

Now whatever appears in the last column (ip address or host name) note it down. now on server B, under home directory create .rhosts file (owned by the user you used to log onto serverB and read perms for owner)

ip_address/host_name "user_you_used_for_logging_onto_server"

Repeat the procedure from logging in from serverB to serverA.

This should resolve it.

Anil
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
James George_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi

I have heard this ....didn't try it ..

in 11i, if your userid is locked on the system , you cannot do rcp ... so , check the userid status on these systems ..if it is locked .. unlock it and try rcp ..

Rgds / James
forum is for techies .....heaven is for those who are born again !!
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Rob got it, server1 has 2 nic cards in different networks.

the .rhosts file on the othere servers were pointing to the hostname that the users access the system with which is a 100mb nic.

But the second nic is a gigabit nic that i use to connect to our nas. it has a hostname of server1.nas

I changed the .rhosts to that and it worked fine.

George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Problem solved