1755516 Members
4198 Online
108834 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

/usr/conf/master.d/install

Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

Top marks for anyone who can sort this out.

I have a HP box with 11.11 installed on it. There are two files I am particularly interested in.

/usr/conf/lib/libinstall.a

These appear to have come from the fileset OS-Core/KERN2-RUN

I have another box with HP-UX 11.00 on it. Neither file appears on it. I have checked the installation CDs, nada. The files are not in the OS-Core/KERN2-RUN fileset either.

Any clues where I can obtain those files for an HP-UX 11.00 system?

(I have copied them from the HP-UX 11.11 system to the HP-UX 11.00 system and that appears to work OK, but I want the kosher way of doing it).
4 REPLIES 4
Chan 007
Honored Contributor

Re: /usr/conf/master.d/install

Hi,

I check on both versions 11.00 & 11.11.

The same here, I guess you can ignore it. Are you getting any errors.

May be specific to 11.11

Chan
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

The problem is that I need the files on an HP-UX 11.00 box and they aren't there. I was kind of hoping someone would say "oh you need to install ...".
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi Stephen,

I guess those files are "templetes" for kernel modules/drivers. Every kernel driver/module has its own named master file in master.d and library (if there)in lib directory.

I guess those file might have left over in 11.11 distribution being maybe a part of a transition?

The libinstall.a file contains only ramfs module ( just a referenc though ) which is a part of Ignite. Actually the module is used in other library symbol table of a kernel driver/module.

I am wondering what makes you to have these files ?
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

All I did was install HP-UX 11.11 and patch it up to the latest level. I have also installed Ignite. When I do the same on HP-UX 11.00 I don't have them, but on HP-UX 11.11 I do.