Operating System - HP-UX
1756570 Members
2976 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libpthread.1

sunil_23
Occasional Contributor

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libpthread.1

Hi All,
One of our shared library on HP-UX 11.0, lets call it A, links to the ldap shared library libssldap50.sl When our process say B tries to load the shared library A then it fails with error :- " /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libpthread.1 ". Could you please tell me the cause for this and the recommended solutions?
2 REPLIES 2
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Re: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libpthread.1

check for
Pthread library cumulative patch
PHCO_26960

This patch has a dependency patch which requires a reboot.
http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?patchid=PHCO_26960&context=hpux:800:11:00
Adam J Markiewicz
Trusted Contributor

Re: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage: /usr/lib/libpthread.1

from man shl_load:

>>
If the shared library contains thread local storage, you cannot load it with this routine.
<<

Because, as you can find further:

>>
Users are encouraged to migrate to the dl* family of dynamic linking routines.
<<

Is process B is compiled by you? If yes, you could try to rearange library linking list... Mayby this could help. If no, I have no more idea.

Good luck

Adam
I do everything perfectly, except from my mistakes