108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version of MC/ServiceGuard

SOLVED
Go to solution
jh_yang
Advisor

Version of MC/ServiceGuard

I have to install MC/ServiceGuard version 11.05 on a new server. But I don't know which date of the application CD includes this version of MC/ServiceGuard. You know I need this information to apply the codeword. Anyone knows that?
5 REPLIES 5
alicia briggi
Solution

I have to install MC/ServiceGuard version 11.05 on a new server. But I don't know which date of the application CD includes this version of MC/ServiceGuard. You know I need this information to apply the codeword. Anyone knows that?
Hi jh,
You can find A.11.05 B3935BA MC / Service Guard on the Apr 99 Cd's(Disk 3). However,
I would not recommend installing SG 11.05. There are issues with this version, We recommend at minimul to install 11.09 with its appropriate patch.
Good luck.
Just call me Lish!
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

There is nothing wrong with using SG 11.05, but why do this?
It has been superseded a couple of times, and will no longer be patched. If you use it, patch it an dstill have any issues, you will have to upgrade to (currently)11.09 which is known as the Platform Release, and is very stable. It wil also be patched for at least the next 6-12 months, and is (currently) th eonly release supported across HP-UX 11.00 and 11i
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
alicia briggi

melvyn, All points agreed!
Just call me Lish!
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you don't have the application CD are you installing the SG from the depot. If you are installing the same from the depot you won't have to gice the codeword.

Since you are installing the service Guard fresh, why don't you try and get hold of the latest version of MC/SG. That will be better.

Hopw this helps.

thanks
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

If you must install 11.05 (even though it has been replaced by 11.13 this month), it came out on CD Media in Feb 99 and was replaced in June 99.

-Stephen