108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Machine ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chushia
Frequent Advisor

Virtual Machine ?

I have a server HP 9000/800/L1500-7x. I have only this one HP server which is in production and now I need to test some upgrades. Is there a way I can build something like a virtual machine on it for testing, not affecting the production system?

Thanks,
Chushia
5 REPLIES 5
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

HP Virtual Machine consists of Guest and host,

We assign the server resources from hosts to the guest. Guest could be 11.23, 11.31, Windows, Linux

But as in your scenario, as the memory, CPU is already been allocated, I believe it would not be possible or may be of no use.

Also let me check if your server support HP-VM
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor
Solution

Virtualization:

HP Virtual Machine: OS need is 11.23
Also I am not sure if your server model supports

HP Virtual Partition:
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T1335ACE

Check if you server is listed in this

VMware : AM not sure on this product
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Is there a way I can build something like a virtual machine on it for testing, not affecting the production system?

### Not possible with HPVM and vpar.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

No, you cannot, as it is not an Integrity server, so Integrity Virtual Machine software is not compatible.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Chushia
Frequent Advisor

Thanks very much!

Then I need to find a test server.