108886 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Web access

SOLVED
Go to solution
lVl_1
Super Advisor

Re: Web access

Thank you for the screenshot Marc'O, and for your great availability! Let's see:
I have Hummingbird Exceed already installed on the win box from which I telnet to the hpux one; so I guess I could use it to get the desktop interface.
But u know what, I've already accessed the Mozilla web browser (by typing 'mozilla' in the CLI).
As for wget that could be used too, Im experimenting a problem w/ the SD GUI: a remote procedure call fails while trying to contact the target. Id like to know whats happening even if its not a priority anymore; I've got Web accesss!
Thanks to you, Mel, Ivan and Steven.
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

anytime IVI, actually that's better for you ..., mozilla is included and is easy to use...!!!

have Fun!!!

Marc'o
Just unplug and plug in again ....
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

Ok, OK, we have learned a lot Today!!! =)!!!!! we deserve some points!!! =)..., hehehehe..

HAve fun, happy weekend!

Marc'o
lVl_1
Super Advisor

hahahahaha there they r Marc'O!

One question: how should I access the CDE once I have an X server installed (Exceed)?

Have a nicy we :-)
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

HELLO!!! =) , try to download the X-win 32 software, it is able to turn on the X server and then you can see the CDE in your desktop.
Well, I say the x-win32 becuase is that one that I prefer , but there're some other emulators...
Also, with the reflexion X you can see that!..., the screenshot that I sent you is from my desktop....by using x win 32...

That's like a telnet sessions, you choice what kind of session you want to launch, and the application makes everything.

Good luck , and ask is I was not clear or if you need something else?!

Marc'o
lVl_1
Super Advisor

I'd like to use the Exceed X server Marc'O. It is already installed and I am using it for HPOV NNM. What command should I use from the hpux box cli to have Exceed display the CDE for me?
I probably won't answer you before Monday. Enjoy ur we Marc'O. 10x
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

If it is not already there, edit /etc/rc.config.d/desktop and add a line saying

"DESKTOP=CDE"

and then run the following:

/sbin/init.d/dtlogin.rc start

>As for the ascii mode, it has not solved the transfer pb; look:

I think you have already solved the transfer problem but you surely don't want to use ascii when you are transferring binary data that's in a gzip file.

ftp> ascii
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for wget-1.10.2-hppa-11.23.depot.gz.
226-WARNING! 2115 bare linefeeds received in ASCII mode
File may not have transferred correctly.

This is also trying to tell you that the bare linefeeds aren't valid on windows.
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning IVI,

Look at this...

Check this in your server ...

# swlist -l product CDE

Verify also file:

/etc/rc.config.d/desktop
DESKTOP=CDE

Start process "dtlogin":

/sbin/init.d/dtlogig.rc start

That's have to be enough to launch your application ..., now from your windows XP, run the emulation application...

Let us know your results ...

Marc'o
lVl_1
Super Advisor

Thanks for the CDE config Mel. I'll try it.
Dennis, could you explain me please in which cases should the ASCII mode be enabled? And also which systems use the bare linefeeds, and what for?

Thanks 2 all