1754312 Members
2556 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Inquiry: Ineffective Port-Level Configuration Changes via SysFS Interface

AkankshyaDev
Visitor

Inquiry: Ineffective Port-Level Configuration Changes via SysFS Interface

I'm currently engaged in configuring bond settings within the Linux kernel environment and encountering an issue regarding the modification of port-level values through the ad_user_port_key file in the SysFS interface. Despite attempting to alter these settings, I'm observing that the changes fail to reflect in the output log when inspecting via sudo cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0.

Could you please provide guidance on resolving this discrepancy? Your assistance in troubleshooting and rectifying this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Thanks, Akankshya

I tried "sudo ip link set bond0 type bond ad_user_port_key " this command to change the values in port level. But it is not reflecting .

Slave Interface: enp0s8 MII Status: up Speed: 1000 Mbps Duplex: full Link Failure Count: 0 Permanent HW addr: 08:00:27:76:e5:b8 Slave queue ID: 0 Aggregator ID: 1 Actor Churn State: monitoring Partner Churn State: monitoring Actor Churned Count: 0 Partner Churned Count: 0 details actor lacp pdu: system priority: 547 system mac address: 08:00:27:56:e7:b9 port key: 9 port priority: 255 port number: 2 port state: 61 details partner lacp pdu: system priority: 545 system mac address: 06:00:27:67:e5:85 oper key: 9 port priority: 255 port number: 2 port state: 63

Not only this value , any of the port level value changes are not reflecting in the output.

I tried to change it in SysFS file as well "/sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/". That change also not reflecting.

1 REPLY 1
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Inquiry: Ineffective Port-Level Configuration Changes via SysFS Interface

Hello,

You may check if the drivers for the network controller are installed so that it is properly responding to the commands.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo