1777181 Members
3538 Online
109065 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lost ILO and Gen 8 Microserver access

wiser1000
Occasional Contributor

Lost ILO and Gen 8 Microserver access

I have been using a Gen 8 Microserver with Freenas for many years without any problems, but have suddenly and completely lost connection with ILO, the Microserver and Freenas. I am at a complete loss as how to proceed. I do not have a record of my software licence, so re-setting the Microserver to factory default is not my preferred option. I'm not a software engineer, LAN expert or any kind of expert just a dabbler who doesn't mind having a go. Any assistance would be useful. I have completely removed the Freenas USB boot loader, the 4 3TB hard drives and only have the ILO LAN cable connected. I'd hope that somehow the problem was Freenas and that removing it and rebooting would somehow solve the issue, but no.  

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Lost ILO and Gen 8 Microserver access

System recommended content:

1. HPE iLO 6 Security Technology Brief | iLO access settings options

2. HPE iLO 6 1.55 User Guide | iLO access settings options

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

wiser1000
Occasional Contributor

Rif.: Query: Lost ILO and Gen 8 Microserver access

Unfortunately, the resposnse didn't resolve my issue ILO 6 doesn't apply to Gen 8 Microservers. Only ILO 4

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: Lost ILO and Gen 8 Microserver access

Are you able to ping the ILO ?
If yes, then please do the bellow to reset the ILO

Resetting iLO to the factory default settings

1. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > iLO 4 Configuration Utility > Set to factory defaults, and press Enter.

The iLO 4 Configuration Utility prompts you to select YES or NO.

1. Select YES, and press Enter.
  2. When prompted to confirm the reset, press Enter.

iLO resets to the factory default settings. If you are managing iLO remotely, the remote console session is automatically ended.

1. Resume the boot process:
    1. Optional: If you are managing iLO remotely, wait for the iLO reset to finish, and then start the iLO remote console.

The iLO 4 Configuration Utility screen is still open from the previous session.

1. Press Esc until the main menu is displayed.
    2. Select Exit and Resume Boot in the main menu, and press Enter.
    3. When prompted to confirm the request, press Enter to exit the screen and resume the boot process.
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Any Update ?

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
wiser1000
Occasional Contributor

@Suvamay Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will try! My only issue is will I lose the advanced licence for ILO4? I presume I will have to download the SPP again? or am I wrong!