SOLVED
Go to solution
Tonatiuh
Super Advisor

NFS

Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server A and Server B
Server B has configured the /etc/exports:
/opt/LC/prod/TMP Ita1(rw,sync) Ita2(rw,sync)

Ita1 and Ita2 are properly maped in /etc_/hosts.

And I have executed the exportfs -a command without error.

I go to server A and try to mount the NFS /opt/LC/prod/TMP, bur I receive the following error:

[root@Ita1 root]# mount 172.16.110.17:/opt/LC/prod/TMP /apptmp/pruebas
mount: RPC: Program not registered

Any idea bout it?
2 REPLIES 2
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: NFS

A few things to try on the servers..

On ServerB:

Check the firewall (iptables -nvL), making sure that port 111 is allowed through (this is the 'portmap' service).

Also make sure that the portmap service is running ('service portmap status'), as is the NFS service ('service nfs status'). Whilst not required, it's a good idea to have the NFSLock service as well ('service nfslock status'). If any of these services aren't running, stop them all, then start them in the following order:

portmap
nfs
nfslock

It's important not to start 'nfs' prior to 'portmap'.

Once that's done, issue the command 'rpcinfo -p localhost'. You should see a list of available RPC services, including a number of 'nfsd' and 'mountd'.

On ServerA:

We just need to make sure that those RPC services are available fron the other server, so issue 'rpcinfo -p ita2'. (I assume 'ServerB' is 'ita2' ?). You should see the same output. If not, then one of the steps above hasn't been done.

Also, when you're doing the mount, if 'ita1' and 'ita2' are in the hosts files, why aren't you just using 'mount ita2:/opt/LC/prod/TMP /apptmp/pruebas' ?
One long-haired git at your service...
Tonatiuh
Super Advisor

Re: NFS

Solved.
Really good and exact solution.
THANK YOU!