3311 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 + Cent OS 7.7/8.0

bodydub
Occasional Advisor

Re: Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 + Cent OS 7.7/8.0

You need to disable the S100i controller RAID mode and set it to SATA AHCI

How can I do this during the CENTOS installation phase?
You as far as I see do it already on the established OS.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You do this in RBSU before you start the OS installation, press F9 during POST

S100i Settings.PNG

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Ashwin-Scindhe
Advisor

Facing the same issue, selected SATA AHCI Support created software RAID and after installation does not boot to centos.

DL20 Gen10 with S100i controller

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Ashwin-Scindhe wrote:

Facing the same issue, selected SATA AHCI Support created software RAID and after installation does not boot to centos.

DL20 Gen10 with S100i controller

More details, please. So you've changed the storage controller from Smart Array SW RAID support and set it to SATA AHCI. and then started a CentOS installation.  How many disks installed? What device did you install to?  What/where did you create software RAID? 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
tedgun
Occasional Visitor

This Step save my several working days...

I also have the same problem in install Centos 7/8 on HPE DL20 Gen10. The centOS installation working fine. But at the end , the server can't boot to the centOS system. I try to upgrade all the firmware. and try to install via Intelligent Provisioning with no Luck. Thanks again for this Tips...

StanRu

Hi! I laso have the same proble. I cannot change the mode to SATA AHCI as there is simply no such iption in BIOS. I have no "Storage Options", I can only configure (create/delete) the array. I got stuck and do not know how to proceed with CentOS 7 that does not see any disks be they configured as standalone or as an array... Would be grateful for help. May give TeamViewer access.

ctrockdog

Not allowing people to install CentOS7 on Hardware RAID because you say they can't release the drivers as open source is BS.  I never had trouble installing CentOS on Dell, IBM and Lenovo servers.  I would go in create the RAID on the remote console and then attach the ISO (Something HPE Does not allow with CentOS7) and let the standard installation rip. How come those companies allow their drivers to be embeded with the standard CentOS7?  After buying 4 HPE servers I"m never going to buy any HPE Equopment and I'll stick to IBM/Lenovo and Dell because those companies support my companies standard OS, wich is CentOS. 

ctrockdog

You can't install CentOS7 on a Gen 10 DL20 utilizing hardware RAID.  You only get Software raid.  Do what I do just buy Dell/Lenovo/IBM. 

Ken Green
Advisor

An S100i isn't a hardware RAID controller. It is an SATA disk controller where the RAID functionality is provided by a SW driver. The driver is provided by Adaptec and they only do it for Windows. From the RBSU you should be able to put the interface into normal SATA mode where it will just see the installed disks.

danparn

We have the same problem with Debian. After installing without an array defined, I'm seeing the debian as the first choice in the UEFI boot list, but it doesn't boot. I have desperately added the two SSD to the controller array as RAID1, and now it magically boots!!! I don't know why and how, but it works, without disabling the Smart Array S100i controller.